Trending Home Renovation Designs
How to renovate your existing space and stay within budget
Getting everything you want in your renovation project isn’t always easy, especially when you’re looking to stay within budget. There are so many factors that go into a home renovation other than what kind of outdoor space or new kitchen space you want. You have to consider the layout of the home, the colors, where natural light comes in, and more. When beginning your home renovation project, make sure you choose the right design-build team to bring your vision to life.
After choosing the right team for the job, it’s time to get started. The best place to start is by finding what inspires you.
- A photo from a catalog or magazine that you’ve memorized and daydreamed about
- Your favorite vacation and resort you stayed in
- A favorite painting, movie or book that captured your eye and imagination
- Your favorite color scheme
Pulling together these items or seeking out new sources of inspiration will help your design-build team complete your home renovation project exactly how you envisioned. Your dream home renovation isn’t limited by your budget, but by your thinking and imagination. Of course, it’s one thing to know what you want but to not be so sure as to what it is out there or what’s trending. If you want to stay up to date so you can maximize the potential of your home renovation, check out the list below!
Trending Designs & Styles
Design is always changing, whether it’s the color of the year, or certain type of style. If you’re looking for some great, new ideas for your home and are curious as to what will be trending in the new year, consider these options for you home renovation project!
- Satin Brass: This type of finish has been known for their ability to bring shiny tones to any space, except without the high price tag. They can help turn your kitchen (for example) into a more refined, elegant space for when you have company visiting.
- Smart Home Technology: While not so much a style or design, these are becoming a staple for every homeowner for their ability to make everyday activities much more simple. Recessed lighting, Voice-Activated assistants, touch screen thermostats, In-wall wireless lighting kit, and many more!
- Kitchen Storage Walls: These are becoming a staple in the kitchen, as they offer much more storage space at a fixed cost and without having to drastically change the layout of the space.
- Laundry Rooms & Mudrooms: Kitchens and bathrooms are the typical home renovation projects that garner the most attention. However, there is value in making each little space important and easy to use. Some design tricks include bringing in more natural light (windows) and smarter storage to make the space appear much bigger than before.
- Entryways: While everyone focuses on the kitchen as the centerpiece of the home, what is the first things friends and family see when they visit your home? The entryway sends an immediate message as to what the rest of your home will look like. Some small fixtures that can make the space more presentable include a statement mirror, narrow table or a nice piece of art.
- Master Bath: While an outdoor shower is a highly preferred luxury item, it’s not exactly the most practical when thinking of year-round home renovation projects. However, people are splurging more on this space since it’s one they spend a lot of time in.
- Marble: This has become a huge trend for homeowners in the new year and won’t be slowing down anytime soon. The kitchen is an ideal place to include some marble countertops to really add some flare to your home renovation.
- Subway Tiles: Although not new in any regard, the subway tile is becoming a staple for home renovation projects. It is a versatile (no pun intended) choice and it is very affordable.